Saturday, August 16, 2008

Nature Girl by Carl Hiaasen

This is the first book I've read by Carl Hiaasen. I wanted something light to read on the plane ride to Louisville, since I figured the business meeting I was going to was not going to be pleasant.

I've got to say this book was hilarious! It was just what I needed at the time. There are characters here to despise, admire, relate to, and pity. And most of all, to laugh at.

The humor here was subtle, gross, physical, and puns. Some of the humor was situational, some of it was just laughter at the human condition.

After reading this book, I certainly will never treat a call from a telemarketer the same.

Since I work in telecommunications, some of the fun was stuff I could personally relate to, so maybe that made it better.

The book is from Hachette Book Group, and is 399 pages. It's a fun fast read.

No comments: