Friday, May 28, 2010

Book Review, Race Against Time, by Piers Anthony

I picked this up at the half price book store a few days ago. It's been an easy read, and although I don't know if other reviewers would classify it as a juvenile book, I think it would be accessible to the teen age reader. The central hero is a teenaged boy, and there is another teenaged character as well.

I mentioned it to my kids as something they might like to read - they like Piers Anthony's other book groups.

This book has several historical themes, and various built in commentaries on the concept of race, and the sweep of history. It also has an element of mystery in it as the characters find their place in the world. I would say most people would classify it as science fiction, although the science plays a part in the story, but not a dominant one.

I enjoyed it, and found it to be a quick read. It is 224 pages in paperback, and was written in 1973. It is published by TOR books.

I liked it enough to recommend it to others, and I would say I might read it again some day.

No comments: