Saturday, March 08, 2008

An Event (or Two) and a Book

I have decided to start blogging the books I read, and possibly an event or two in my life. This past week, my car died, and I decided to sell. Ordinarily this wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it was my grandmother Marcile's car, which she had for about five years, so it has sentimental value.

But, we don't need three cars any more, since my 17 year old son decided to move out. He decided he had had enough of my parental interference. He will be 18 on April 14th, so it isn't all that early, I guess. I have mixed feelings of relief and sadness.

Now for the latest book I've read. This one is by Janet Evanovich, who is a new author for me - I've not read any of her books. My wife suggested it: "Visions of Sugar Plums". It was funny, a quick read, and basically a fantasy. There are memorable and lifelike characters. My favorite is the grandmother. It took about an hour to read, I think.

My comment to Heather (my wife) as I was reading it was: "and you make fun of me for reading science fiction?"

I said that because some of the events in the book seemed science fantasy-like.

No comments: