Sunday, April 18, 2010

book review - Chelsea Handler - Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea

I would be the first one to admit that this book is not great literature (no offense, Chelsea), but I enjoyed it nonetheless. There are parts of this book that are laugh out loud funny, others that are sad, others that shed light on Chelsea's personality.

If making you want to read other books by the same author is a mark of a good book, then this one gets my vote. I want to read the other books, now that I've read this one. I must say she seems like an unlikely author, but she does have a lot to say, and knows how to say it.

This book was a quick read, and I didn't want to put it down. When I finished, I mentioned to my wife that it reminded me of another friend's situation. She pointed out three major differences between Chelsea's experience and our other friend's situation. I suppose that Chelsea's book made her experiences relateable to other people. I assume that's why I could see other people experiencing similar problems in their own life.

Any thoughts, anyone?

1 comment:

Heather said...

i don't even remember pointing anything out to you babe.

xoxo
AND you laughed A LOT!